ANY and ALL ABSENCES REQUIRE A WRITTEN NOTICE TO THE SCHOOL FROM EITHER parent/guardian OR DOCTOR. The note must include the name and grade of the child, printed clearly , the date of the absence, AND a reason for absence.
Examples of excuses that are recognized as legal are illness, quarantine, recovery from an accident, or a death in the family.
Detailed attendance rules in accordance with PA state code may be viewed by clicking the link below.
- Examples of absences that may be approved by the Principal are auditions and professional or pre-professional arts related work with prior written approval.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to schedule family vacations during scheduled school breaks.
- Students are responsible for collecting and completing any missed work while absent from school.
- Students returning after three or more consecutive days due to illness must provide a doctor’s note explaining said illness.
- Students must be in school by 10:20 A.M. to participate in that day’s extra-curricular activities.
- Late to class and skipping class are attendance infractions.