This page was last updated on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 3:00pm
This chart reflects students and staff who have physically been present in the building and will continue to accrue during the 14 day time period listed at the top of the chart. *The case count resets after the period that the school building is closed consistent with the DOH/PDE guidance on recommended procedures following a case of COVID-19 in a school building or following a scheduled schoolwide break. The 14-day period restarts with the first new case after the school building reopens.
The AACMS dashboard will be updated biweekly. Data included on the dashboard is not indicative of a COVID-19 case being contracted in our building. The Health Room works in collaboration with the PA Department of Health to arrange contact tracing, quarantine instruction, and nursing support to affected individuals. If you are not considered a close contact, you will not hear directly from our Health Room or the PA Department of Health. To ensure student and staff privacy, AACMS will not provide any further information regarding affected individuals.
Dashboard Date: 9/20/21-10/3/21
|Category||Number of Confirmed Cases||Date Cases Confirmed|
|Students||26||9/14, 9/15, 9/16, 9/22, 9/25, 9/29|
|Date||Student Cases||Staff Cases||Date Last in Building|
|9/22/2021||4||0||9/15/2021, 9/16/2021, 9/22/2021|
Universal masking is strongly encouraged for all staff and students throughout AACMS.
Consistent and correct mask use by people who are not fully vaccinated is especially important indoors and in crowded settings, when physical distancing cannot be maintained. Students will be instructed on the proper use of masks and face shields. Face shields and other PPE will be provided to staff members as is appropriate.
Since there is no vaccine option available for students under the age of 12, these students are encouraged to mask during the instructional day. It is also encouraged that instructors of fifth and sixth grade also wear a mask during class time.
- Face coverings will be required for all students and staff to enter the Health Room as well as administrative and guidance offices.
- According to the Federal order issued in January 2021, the CDC requires face coverings, regardless of vaccination status, when on public transportation. This includes on school buses operated by public and private school systems.
- Visitors are required to wear a face covering to enter a school building or event regardless of vaccination status if the community/building level of spread reaches moderate or high levels.
- Students/Staff suspected of a communicable disease will be masked while waiting for departure from campus.
- Masks may be removed outdoors during recess, athletic play, and instructor designated mask break times with proper social distancing.
AACMS holds the right to mandate universal masking which may be considered at any time for all students and staff, regardless of vaccination status, based on CDC guidance and the level of community and/or building transmission of COVID-19.
Transportation Request Forms are due immediately. AACMS cannot guarantee transportation for your child without the necessary paperwork. You can download the Transportation Request Form for your local school district from our Transportation & Busing page.